Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy "Hug Your Dad" Day! #HugYourDad

The Gud1: Happy "Hug Your Dad" Day! #HugYourDad
"I have learned that there is more power in a good strong hug than in a thousand meaningful words."
-Ann Hood


Its father's Day today.. And I found an essay I had written back in school. This essay made me cry on how I used to love my Dad back then.. Though I love him much more now, I can't express my love much. I used to hug my Dad on the smallest of joys and sorrows but now I don't even have much time to talk to him..

This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.



Here is the essay I had written back in school on my Dad.. Though I have made some changes to it..

My Dad, My Hero!

We all love super-heroes. We admire them. We idolize them. That is because they are paragons of honesty, bravery, self-less sacrifice and of course, loads of fun. Whenever someone is in trouble, they swoop in and save the day. They set an example for us to follow and inspire us to be better human beings. But before the comics, before the cartoons and before we even learnt to say the word “hero,” we all had someone in our lives who already had the traits I just mentioned.

Our Dads!

My Dad is my real hero because he is the most special person in my life. He is a very good athlete & an artist. He is a Businessman by profession. At weekends he loves to play with me the whole day. During weekdays he works hard & spends maximum time working at his office. He tries his best to keep our family happy.

He works hard to make money for our family. He loves me a lot & always tries to cheer me up whenever I am in a sad mood. He has always taught me good values & not spoiling me by buying me all the things that I wanted. But at the same time he has gifted me many things that I always wish to have. My Dad has always tried his level best to make me a good human being.

My Dad helps me in my studies too. Maths is a subject he love's the most. And Maths.. Uff.. How I hate Math's! But he is the person who make's all the math's problems appear like magic! Swish..!! Move the wand and its done! My Math's homework is complete without any headaches!

My Dad is the most precious gift of God to me. He is a loving father and the most gracious person I have ever seen in my life. He wants me to become a good human being like him. That is why he always teaches me to differentiate between wrong & right.

Every day he takes out little time for me in the night to acknowledge my day to day activities & problems if any. He is my best friend. I can discuss everything with him without any hesitation. Things that I fail to reveal out to my close friends, I can easily discuss them with my Dad. Whenever I need his help, he is always available for me. He is like a hero to me. He is a funny, cool, adventurous and smart human being.

He loves to travel and that is why we both always go to long distant places (sometimes abroad) on vacations. I love to travel too & that is why vacations are always awaited as far as its Dad’s company. I may have travelled almost the whole of India in just 17 years! He always says "explore India first its history is greater compared to the rest of world together"

Dad says that he started visiting the globe when he was a college student. According to him his experience has helped him to broaden his horizons. This is the reason he started me quite early. He wants me to experience the world because he believes that travelling is an education in itself.

I have learnt a lot of things under my Dad’s guidance which education my have failed to teach me. The most important lesson that Dad has taught me is to be disciplined & hard working in life. These are the 2 key ingredients to achieve success in life.

Today I am just 17 years old & at this tender age Dad has taught me a lot of things that people at the age of 20 fail to understand. He has taught me what life is all about. He has showed me the way to achieve success. He has showed me the opportunities that exist in front of me. But at the same time he has left the decision up to me in terms of which path to choose. He is very confident that his efforts to make me a good human being will never go in vein.

Seeing his confidence in me some day I am going to make him proud.


So all of you do me a favor. After you’re done reading this, let go of any anger or resentment you might have towards your Dad.(If any!)  Give him a call,(If he isn't around!) say hi, tell him you love him. And the very next time you see him, give him a hug. Because whether they say it or not…dads love hugs.(Believe me I tried it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment