Friday, August 23, 2013

How to return defective electronics in Japan


I recently bought a junk external battery pack from Green House. It had mixed reviews, that were mostly good, so I just may have gotten a defective one. It is supposedly a 4200 mAh battery, but it can only charge my phone to about 50%. This seems to because the external battery itself doesn't seem to fully charge.

So I need to take it back to the store, but in Japan, the original receipt may not be enough to return a product. You will most likely need the warranty slip, which is often printed by the store at the time of purchase, so don't lose it.

What you need

  • Original receipt
  • Warranty slip
  • Original packaging
  • All bits and pieces
Even with all of this, don't ever expect to just get your money refunded. At best, you'll get in-store credit. If it has been over a month since you purchased the item, you may have a hard time returning it. They'll probably give you another of the same item off the shelf.

保証書貼付用
Because I purchased this at the Bic Camera Outlet (with WAON points, along with a washing machine), this is slightly different that what you may typically receive. Even if this was purchased at a normal shop, I'd still most likely need the included warranty slip in I had to return the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment